Monday, October 6, 2008

Crazy Work Stories

So I have decided that anytime that you work in a job where you are dealing and interacting with a great number on a daily basis, you will come home with some strange stories. I have worked in a credit union for the last four years and have come home with my fair share of stories, so many that my sisters now say that I am a magnet for weirdness.
Well today, I think that I reached the crowning pinnacle for weirdness in a member that I had a conversation with. A lot of times a member will call in requesting to speak with the highest ranking banking official. Generally they are just ticked off because of mistake of their own, and they really just want to vent their concerns that we are becoming a bank and not a credit union. Anyway, so I took this call and was expecting to have another call like I had mentioned, but got something vastly different. The man first questioned my credentials or if I was high enough up to making these decisions. I informed him of what I did and he proceeded.
He asked me if I was L.D.S. and if I had read the Book of Mormon. I answered affirmative to both. He then asked me if I knew who it was referring to when the Book of Mormon spoke of the "secret combinations". I said that it wasn't necessarily referring to one person but anyone that operated like they did. His answer was that I had been deceived like all the rest and that he was there to shed some light on me. He then began citing the scriptures (strangely enough never getting to the Book of Mormon) about how the reminant of Jacob would tear down the governments that were corrupted by the secret combinations. He then stated that Venezuela (and it's 72 islands of the southern coast of the U.S.A.), Mexico, and Russia, were reminants of the house of Jacob and would eventually rage war on the United States, overthrowing the government.
He then began to go over what exactly was the secret combinations. He said that it was the Federal Reserve of the USA and that for every dollar that they loaned, they would take a dollar kick back for themselves, that is why they were so in favor of making more money. So when it was created in 1913, secret combinations officially returned to the earth and the our country was doomed from that point onward. Any president that tried to reveal this was eventually assasinated (he listed Lincoln and Kennedy, and Jackson specifically. I didn't have the heart to tell him Jackson was never assasinated).
Now what he was offering to me was he was going to deliver us from this economic crises and collapse that would occur in two years. He said that the leaders of the church didn't think that we were ready for the United Order, but that he was going to prepare everything for it, and since we were a financial institution that could "go global" as he put it. He said that he had investigated technology that would help us spread the word without the government finding out about it, because they would try to stop us. It was a machine that would allow me talk to up to 6 people at a time, but it was safe because it was password protected.
Needless to say, when we gave the man the answer that we had close relations with the Church and if they gave information to us regarding this, we would be happy to help them, but we would not be forming a partnership at this time. He then said something about how I would be sorry when the day in the future would come because he wouldn't be there to deliver me from the crisis. After 45 minutes of him talking I finally was able to pass him off to our Marketing VP so that he could be told the same thing. I can't believe what some people think up in their heads.

2 comments:

MisterE said...

Try working in the Office of the President of a large local bank that at one point was owned by the Church. I would get at least one of these "types" every month. I don't miss it. I am glad that they are spreading the joy around.

Christin said...

You just took me back to my working days at the good old DFCU, that was awesome!! My mom always used to tell me that I needed to write a book about all the crazy stuff that happened there. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that attracts weirdos.