I realize that the crown of thorns didn't have to do with the Savior's birth, but it really hit me, and made me appreciate this season all the more!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
I realize that the crown of thorns didn't have to do with the Savior's birth, but it really hit me, and made me appreciate this season all the more!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Overall she will be fun to have around the house, I just hope the puppy phase passes quickly.
This is Ashley and I's first Thanksgiving together, and it really makes you greatful for the things we have in life. I am blessed to have found her and have her in my life. I am greatful for the many things that we have the great times that we have together. I love her so much!
I haven't posted in a while and that's simply because I don't feel like I have anything to say and I have been studying and getting ready for finals and such.
So here are my random thoughts for today...
1. I like to blog stalk it let's me get to know people who I don't have a close relationship with. I also think it's helped me to like those who I thought I would never like...Does that make sense? I mean I try not to judge but sometimes you just get first impressions of people and that sticks. Sometimes it's not the best impression either so you tend to steer clear of that individual. However through blog stalking I've got to know some individuals I would have "steered clear" of. I think it's slowly making me a better person... Just go with me here...
2. I love painting my nails and I love how they look however for some reason or another I usually can't keep them polished for that long. I'm always picking at them and once one of them is chipped then it just goes down hill from there. I need a bad tasting polish or something. You know like that stuff you put on kids fingers so they stop sucking on them....Where do I get that? This also could be the reason my cuticles are so dry....Honestly...How do they get this dry?
3. I've rediscovered the library. I haven't stepped foot in a library probably since High School. How sad is that? Thanks to the internet everything is at your fingertips. Books can get expensive so I've started going to the library. It's fantastic. I just can't begin to tell you. Ask me about their check out process. It's so slick!
4. I love the song Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson. I don't know what it is about that song. Maybe it just brings up good times and great memories but I just can't get enough! Now you are singing it aren't you? Yeah Yeah!
5. I normally do not support Christmas time before Thanksgiving ever! However last night as I was driving home from school I saw some houses that had Christmas lights on them and I can't wait! I got goose bumps! For some reason this Christmas just feels like it means more to me or something. Do you have a Christmas that has meant more to you than others?
6. Twilight! I loved this movie. Let's be honest here I am easy to please so for those of you who hated the movie I'm sorry. I loved it so much that I went and saw it after the BYU/Utah game to cheer me up. RIP "The Quest".
7. I hate Rivalry week it stirs up so many raw emotions. Don't get me wrong I love BYU football, however I hate when everyone is so on edge and will just say anything that comes to their mind when they see another wearing a shirt or hat of the opposite team. Taylor and I were victims of it through out the week. I'm sure there are some Y fans that also were the instigators, but really people!!! Seriously?
I know there are a ton out there but you can check out the recipe blog my friends and I have going. We also want you to be apart of it. So once you check out the Recipe Blog make sure to add your own favorite recipes! You can check out the recipe blog at http://slcrecipes.blogspot.com/
So this girl at my work decided to show me how to make babies.....on the internet. Some of you may have heard about this already but it's a fun and sometimes creepy little website. I hope you enjoy.
The good news is they are all boys!
We had such a good time at our Halloween Party. We got to see some friends we haven't seen in a while. We started out by going to dinner and then came back to our new house. We played Guitar Hero World Tour. (I'm a natural drummer!) We also played a game called Curses...so fun with a big group of people. We ate ourselves silly, drank home made root beer....and with Taylor being and Angel, and me a Pirate Wench...what's not scary?
My parents have never been in to Halloween ever. I mean I was a cheer leader growing up for at least 4 years in row. My mom just never liked the dark part of Halloween. This year they have good friends who threw a costume Halloween party. Here are the pictures. If you know my parents then you know this is hilarious. If you don't know my "rents" then this will just be fun pictures to look at.
Well almost....I love Halloween. It can be such a fun time of year. One thing I look forward to is our Halloween Party. We had one last year and it has become something we have to do every year. If you would like to come to our Halloween Party this year, leave a comment and I will let you know where and when.
So I have decided that anytime that you work in a job where you are dealing and interacting with a great number on a daily basis, you will come home with some strange stories. I have worked in a credit union for the last four years and have come home with my fair share of stories, so many that my sisters now say that I am a magnet for weirdness.
Well today, I think that I reached the crowning pinnacle for weirdness in a member that I had a conversation with. A lot of times a member will call in requesting to speak with the highest ranking banking official. Generally they are just ticked off because of mistake of their own, and they really just want to vent their concerns that we are becoming a bank and not a credit union. Anyway, so I took this call and was expecting to have another call like I had mentioned, but got something vastly different. The man first questioned my credentials or if I was high enough up to making these decisions. I informed him of what I did and he proceeded.
He asked me if I was L.D.S. and if I had read the Book of Mormon. I answered affirmative to both. He then asked me if I knew who it was referring to when the Book of Mormon spoke of the "secret combinations". I said that it wasn't necessarily referring to one person but anyone that operated like they did. His answer was that I had been deceived like all the rest and that he was there to shed some light on me. He then began citing the scriptures (strangely enough never getting to the Book of Mormon) about how the reminant of Jacob would tear down the governments that were corrupted by the secret combinations. He then stated that Venezuela (and it's 72 islands of the southern coast of the U.S.A.), Mexico, and Russia, were reminants of the house of Jacob and would eventually rage war on the United States, overthrowing the government.
He then began to go over what exactly was the secret combinations. He said that it was the Federal Reserve of the USA and that for every dollar that they loaned, they would take a dollar kick back for themselves, that is why they were so in favor of making more money. So when it was created in 1913, secret combinations officially returned to the earth and the our country was doomed from that point onward. Any president that tried to reveal this was eventually assasinated (he listed Lincoln and Kennedy, and Jackson specifically. I didn't have the heart to tell him Jackson was never assasinated).
Now what he was offering to me was he was going to deliver us from this economic crises and collapse that would occur in two years. He said that the leaders of the church didn't think that we were ready for the United Order, but that he was going to prepare everything for it, and since we were a financial institution that could "go global" as he put it. He said that he had investigated technology that would help us spread the word without the government finding out about it, because they would try to stop us. It was a machine that would allow me talk to up to 6 people at a time, but it was safe because it was password protected.
Needless to say, when we gave the man the answer that we had close relations with the Church and if they gave information to us regarding this, we would be happy to help them, but we would not be forming a partnership at this time. He then said something about how I would be sorry when the day in the future would come because he wouldn't be there to deliver me from the crisis. After 45 minutes of him talking I finally was able to pass him off to our Marketing VP so that he could be told the same thing. I can't believe what some people think up in their heads.
We are two weeks and one day away from closing on our house!!! (Hopefully) I wanted to share some pictures with you of our "almost" home.
Down Stairs Bathroom
Kitchen Counter Tops
View from the Master
Kitchen....The cabinets will have crown molding on the top.
Well today was the day I have been looking forward to since July. Not only is it Taylor's birthday, but also I was getting my hair cut and colored.
Well here it is my sassy new do!.....Like I needed any more sass! Don't be a hater, this picture came from my camera phone
Random thought for today....
Is it just me or does everything slow down when you have to go "number 1"???
I swear it isn't just time that slows down, my computer actually slows down when it "knows" I need to go! I have this thing that I think I will work faster, or get out of a store quicker if I do it on a full bladder or under a deadline.
I am clearly wrong. Don't "do as I'm doing". If you need to go just go, if you don't you will most likely get stuck behind the "slow person" at the check out or your computer will just shut down on you...
Well there are a few things on my mind...Actually I have lots going through there. Taylor will ask me what I'm thinking about and get an ear full. Usually it's random and the topics go as quickly as they come... For example we were eating dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen and he asked that fateful question "What are you thinking?" Well I have no idea why I was thinking about sniper's but I was. I was thinking how easy it would be to "take someone out" while they tried to eat the pizza in peace...Then I saw another character wearing a blue jumpsuit. I don't remember what I thought about him at the time, but I know it was something.
The female brain is filled with so many things at any given moment, and I am surprised we remember as much as we do... Trust me I'm going into nursing...I know these things!
Anyways I was thinking this might be a good way to catch up with old friends or let them know the top 10 things I was thinking about today....at this very moment. So post your thoughts on your blog, and maybe a friend will learn something new about you.
1. I am pretty sure I got less than 5 wrong on my first big test of the semester. Phewwwww!!! Glad to have that off my chest, but this semester seems like it is dragging on, and it's just the beginning.
2. I have to close tonight. That makes a very long work day for me, but we are going to the fair and I can't wait. I went for the first time last year and it was so much fun.
3. My parents have been gone visiting family in Arizona for the past week and I am a little jealous.
4. It is Taylor's birthday one week from today. I also get my hair done that day while he goes golfing with his brother and dad. Taylor's birthday means the month is more than half way done/gone....Where did that time go and what did I do with it all.
5. I'm so thankful that I live in the country I do. That I have the right to say I am not voting for Barack Obama among other things.
6. I'm thankful for my job, even on the days I don't like it. Some don't have jobs right now because of the economy and they are wishing they had that "old job" they "hated".
7. I took Jamie's advice and went to Ross. Man I had forgotten how good that store was. I want to go back and buy fall clothes. By the way Jamie, Love the Jacket!! I want one.
8. BYU is playing UCLA tomorrow and I can't wait. It's one game other than the Utah game that I have been looking forward to this season. I like going down, getting a cougar dog or nacho's, and yelling "And that's another Cougar first down."
9. I saw an older man working as a cart attendant at the local grocery store. I want to be like him. He is an older man who could be "retired", but he's still a productive member of society. He gets socialization and exercise all day long. I don't mean to degrade those that can't work for one reason or another, but this situation made me think who looks at me and says they want to be like me or doing something I do? Who am I being an example for today?
10. Can my cuticles really be this dry? I try oils and lotions....I mean really what can you do to get rid of hang nails and dry cuticles? Other things that never seem to go away or really irritate me....How do you fold the fitted sheet for your bed? Everytime I fold them it looks like a balled up mess....Seriously...How do you?
Well those are the top ten things I thought about in the last 15 minutes. What did you think about?
So as much as a I love to argue with people. This is a no brainer.... BYU won the game because they blocked a kick, not because the "ref's" took the game out of the player's hands because of a call they made.
In every game that can be said about the ref's. They should have called this....or they shouldn't have called that....It can be said for both sides every time....Just get over it.
We'll see you next year Washington! Until then enjoy this!
So are good friends Kev and Lo invited us to go to DI one day. I think they wanted to buy a bike for Lo's nephew who was visiting for a couple of days. I wasn't looking to buy anything but came home with this dresser. It was old, dirty, smelly, and just all in all terrible looking. I'm sad to say I don't have a picture of it.
We bought it for $20, and let me just say it wasn't the easiest thing to convince Taylor to let me buy. It came with 9 drawers but I wanted Taylor to rip out the middle drawer section and create shelves. I don't think he was too happy about it.
$10 dollars later, and lot's of big, manly tools and sweat, spray paint and stain, and a little dream we have a dresser that will go below are TV in our new house. It will house all of the DVD, XBOX and other components we may have, and DVD's. I'm so excited I think it has turned out FABULOUS!!! I love it because it's so different and unique. I mean it looks straight out of the 70's and in a year I might hate it, but for now it's perfect!
Here's a close up of one of the drawers. I took it with my camera phone so don't mind the blur...
Thanks Taylor for making something I wanted a reality!! Love you long time!
So I like to have fun. The way that I see it, if you go through life to seriously, it's going to pass you by and you won't have enjoyed it one bit. So I try to have in whatever I am doing. Now given the fact that I work in a call center, taking member calls day in and day out, I sometimes have to create my own fun. Well, the other day, I was chatting with a co-worker about his motorcycle. There is a picture that can be seen here. Now, a couple of months ago, he made Raul, another co-worker, a bet that he would be able to get the motorcyle running and drive it to work the next day. Well, 2 months later, and we still have yet to see the motorcycle at work. So the other day, I decided to call him on that. I told him that since he had never brought it to work, that he owed Raul a steak dinner (the terms of their bet). He didn't see it the same way. You see, Richie's idea of running and the rest of humanity's idea of running are very different. Richie believes that if the bike will start and he can pull it out of his driveway, it's running. So we ask him why it won't make it to work, and the reasons vary from, it's leaking gas, to it only goes 25 mph right now.
Since he refused to pay for the dinner, I proposed an alternate solution to our prediciment. In an effort of defending his honor amongst his peers, he would challenge Raul to a duel - Alexander Hamilton vs. Aaron Burr style. We wouldn't be using pistols, because there is a state law prohibiting that. So we decided to use nerf guns. We would hold the duel at our lunch time and Richie would have one chance to defend his honor. If he lost, he would no longer be respected.
We had them line up back to back and take 10 ten paces, turn and fire. When I devised this whole thing in my head, I guess I didn't take into account that both were terrible aims. The only time that they were able to hit anything was two accidental mis-fires at my self and Jill. In the end, Richie defended his honor, Raul shot Jill in the head, and I got got gunned down by both of them. It was a fun little event that should remind everyone to relax and just have fun with life.
Lo has been my best friend for years now. I won't tell you "what" made us friends, but it was something we laughed at then, and we just haven't stopped laughing! We have been best friends (not just for now Lo!) and will continue for the rest of our lives. ( it's a verbal contract Lo, it has to happen now)
She's so fun to be around. She's caring. I remember so many times where she has voiced a concern or been worried about someone or something, and I have thought to myself... seriously? You are still worried about that?
Here's a few memories I have of her and even though you won't think they are funny she will....And let's be honest it's all about her today. It's her birthday!!!
1. Karate Kicks at Bishop Evan's house
2. Swimming every saturday 2 summer's ago
4. "Faith Building" experiences with Binksies, and how you wanted your purse out of the car.
5. MAC counter
6. Falling asleep on the gym's hard wood floor at 2am
7. Buying Breaking Dawn at midnight
8. "Sex on the Beach" snow cones
9. Raging Waters, and your knee incident
10. Your coffee table , and your knee incident
11. Karate kicking in the Johnny Carrino's parking lot and my foot incident
12. The coke factory in Las Vegas
14. Doing your special "walk" across the room
15. Rascal Flatts
16. Studio 600 at Halloween time
17. Birthday extravaganza
18. Girls night when we toliet papered the guy's cars
19. Holding up your wedding dress at the JSMB.
20. Driving down to Studio 600, and how you made me sit by the kid who LOVED to chat, and then you fell asleep
21. Sliding down the big hill at flat iron park in that rain storm
22. "Hey Ash, where ya going?"
23. Bowling, and the "life saver" candy
24. Girl chatsies
24 reason why you are so great! Happy 24th!
I have started a recipe blog where anyone can post their recipes they like.
The address is slcrecipes.blogspot.com and there is a post on there that says “How can I contribute?”. If you click on that post it will tell you how to log in, post your own recipes, and also some guidelines on posting. The link is over under "other bloggers I love" so you can go straight there.
Let’s pass this a long to our friends and family and see if we can get some sweet recipes.
Happy Blogging, and Cooking!
So this morning, I was really craving chinese food. I thought about Panda express but all I ever get there is orange chicken and I usually feel sick after I eat it. So I decided to branch out. Recently a place called Chop Stix went out of business and a new restaurant was opened in its place. It's called Bank Dang - but I have changed it to Bang Dang because it's more fun to say.
So at 2:30 Richie and I go over there to get lunch, and we pull up to the drive-thru, and there is a sign taped to the speaker box that says, "drive-thru may not work - please pull to window for order". We picked out what we wanted and then pulled forward. At the window we were greated by two smiling children, ages 11 and 13 probably. It was a boy and a girl, and the boy was wearing a nametag that said 'Jacky'. Well, they didn't really understand that well what we were getting but after a while we got through to them. I then asked if they wanted me to pay now, and they both looked so confused. I should've realized at that point that I should have just driven off and not eaten lunch. But like a fool, I stayed and pulled around to the back of the building like they asked.
After about 10 minutes, I decided to walk inside and see if they were almost done. When I get in there, I notice that what seem to be the parents of these children are running the kitchen and the kids are the front people, mostly because they speak english to some degree. Well, the dad kept coming out to make sure that the kids have everything under control and the little girl would then yell at him in Chinese, basically telling him to get back in the kitchen where he belongs. (I don't speak chinese, but that is what I am thinking she was saying - judging by the tone in her voice of course).
Well we finally get back to work, and we get the food out of the bag. The chicken is blood red, and after a few bites, I find a hair in my food. The thing is, it was a blonde hair, and from what I could tell, no one that was touching the food had blonde hair. That has got to make you wonder. Also, we had a couple of people in the office taste the chicken. It was the toughest chicken I have ever seen, and one kid thinks that he might have hurt his jaw just getting through it. The ham fried rice had an overwhelming smell and taste of smoked ham. The ham also looked rather old as if they had purchased it from a meat store that was just going to throw it.
Needless to say, I was not pleased with my experience at lunch today, and I would highly recommend that no one ever try this restaurant EVER.
The tickets I purchased for our girl's night to go see Kelly and Reba have arrived. I might even post a count down to the concert, next to the BYU football one of course. Cheers!!
Is that a weird combination or what? BYU foot ball and Reba & Kelly concerts....That's who I am. I am a woman of diverse interests. j/k Ü
I have a kindred friend who always says cheers and I love it. So I might steal it from her....Sorry Jamie!
So my birthday is in August, and Taylor's is in September. Yes I am the "older and wiser" one in the family...anyways we decided to have birthdays in July. We got Taylor an Xbox for his birthday yesterday. He was so excited! I think his brother Eric might be just as excited. I've never seen such an intense look on his face while he was playing Nintendo or whatever you call it.
Well my mom and dad bought me a Cricut expression for my birthday. They can't keep a secret so they gave it to me early. I think they were so excited watching Taylor open his "present" that they wanted to give me mine too. So Tay and I celebrated our birthdays yesterday.
If you have never heard of the cricut expression just go watch the infomercial that the lady with the lisp does online. Taylor was laughing hysterically when he saw it! This machine does so much. You will just have to come see me sometime for a demonstration!
So who knew that after getting married my new favorite place to go would be RC Willey. Yeah anyone who wants to go hang out there count me in! Give me a call because I will most likely always say Yes to go to RC Willey.
I went to the clearance outlet center because it's right down the street from my work. So at lunch I'll go walk around and look for killer deals. My newest "killer deal" was I found this head board in perfect condition for $67 dollars. It is for our brand new king size bed. I was thinking it would be years before I would get something. I thought we could go without something there for a while because it isn't a necessity. I found this great deal and couldn't pass it up. It really does just make things look finished. I've learned that if Taylor and I both really like something then we should buy it because it doesn't happen often. We usually agree on things to decorate with but only because Taylor thinks I'll make anything look good, he's not passionate about decorating...go figure.
This game has been making the rounds and I have LOVED it. It's so fun to remember things about other people, and also read other's memories as well. Feel free to participate, or don't.
1. Add a comment on my blog. Leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
If you don't know me at all or we don't have memories together, then leave a comment about Taylor.
So here we are... back to another monday morning, and we had quite the fun weekend. We went and saw The Incredible Hulk for the second time and I have to say, I love this movie. And more than that, I love the way that they are doing comic book movies now. It seemed like when they were doing the spider man movies, and it was just kind of joke (which is really sad because I used to like spider man as a kid) but ever since Batman Begins came out and was amazing, they have been doing a much better job with superhero/comic book movies. I can't wait to see The Dark Knight when it comes out this weekend, and hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
Oh my goodness! I can only begin to tell you about my excitement today!! I've been looking forward to this day since the day I got married. Let's be honest it was only 1.5 months ago...but still....I'm so excited for today because I am going to cut my hair off! I've been growing it out for our wedding, but now I finally get to cut it off. I just feel like it is in that ugly stage where I can't do anything with it. My hair has not been this long in years. It's not even that long either! I woke up this morning and told Taylor I might be more excited for today then the day we got married! ....Just kidding.... I love Taylor more then I love my hair, (gulp) shoes, and cats. I hate cats.
So that is not the only reason I am so excited today. Today I got an e-mail saying Carrie Underwood was coming to town. I don't know why that made me think of Kelly Clarkson, but then I thought to myself I wonder when Kelly is coming to town. So I went to her website to find out. KELLY AND REBA ARE COMING TOGETHER OCTOBER 10, 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If any of you know me at all you will know that my all time favorite song is Since U Been Gone. It was played at my wedding. I know not a wedding song, but I just love it! I had to have it.
Anyways if you want to go it will be friggin sweet, sick, off the charts, whatever you want to call it, I will call it AMAZING. I only have one word for this "Fancy". If you don't know what that means then you shouldn't be going!!! Ü
So let me know if you want to go! Tickets go on sale July 19th. That is one Saturday I will be up early!!
Taylor's siblings at the Temple.
Don't we look great?
My siblings at the Temple. I don't know what Taylor said or Spencer did to get these faces, but it made us laugh.
Here is my big sister Kristin. She did most of the flower arrangements for my reception. She has mad skills. I don't know what Taylor is doing in the background, but he looks happy to be there!