Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 4

I thought this was going to be the pregnancy that never ended simply because everything was going so well. I have only gained 16 pounds, I've had low blood pressure, no gestational diabetes, everything was right on track. Well things were going so well that I started joking with my boss that these babies weren't coming early at all. They'd probably come late.

Then Friday came....I had gotten up and started to get ready but I would have to take breaks every 10 minutes or so because I felt winded and my belly started to get hard. I got to work and sat down to start working. The contractions weren't going away. I drank a lot of water and went to the back to lay down. The contractions weren't calming down so I called my doctor. She wanted me to head into the hospital to see what was going on.

Long story short, and three hospital visits later I am on bed rest. I am on day 4 of bed rest and already counting down the days. I wasn't ready for this and feel so helpless. Taylor has been great and really tried to take over everything, but the hardest part is not figuring out what to do with my days but letting someone else take complete care of me and things I feel I should be doing.

Here's to at least 4 more weeks of bed rest.... May it pass quickly!!!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh friend! Bed rest sounds rough. Seriously. The things women go through to get these babies here. It's really amazing. Hang in there. Hope the next few days and weeks pass quickly.

Any names yet???

And how the crap have you only gained 16 lbs?!!! Jealous. I just think about being pregnant and I gain 20 lbs. So lovely.

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

You can do this Ashley!!! Those precious little boys just can't wait to get here. Everytime I see twins, I just grin and think how lucky our family is to have these little guys join the party! If I can do ANYTHING...CALL!!!

Emily W said...

I am glad everything started out great and am really sorry you are on bed rest.

You are really lucky to have only gained 16 pounds. I packed on a hefty 35-40.

Make sure you guys let me know when the boys do show up. I hope you send someone to the library to pick up dvd's and books to keep you busy. Or try your hand a knit or crochet. It will give you something to do.

Mike and Lisa said...

I still think this is so crazy! Jaxson and I will definitely come down and visit you sometime. Let me know if you need anything!

Jeanette said...

So sorry to hear that you're on bedrest! That must be so hard. And I can't believe you've only gained 16 pounds! I gained 45 with Jonah!

Tay and Ash said...

Jamie,
The worst thing about bed rest is feeling good, but not being able to do anything. At least if I were sick I would want to lay in bed and not do anything. We'll probably end up naming the boys Austin and Stone, but we'll see what they actually look like when they come out! I'm so jealous of your Nashville Adventures....I heart Nashville!

And ladies, I'm sure the pounds will start to come on now that I am not moving as much...ugh.

Amazed said...

I think Cathy and I need to bring dinner! I'm sooo sorry.

ilovecreativehome said...

aha,god bless you