Thursday, January 31, 2008

So many things..




Well it's been a while. I'm sorry to all of my "avid" readers out there. Here are the things that have happened since the last blog.


Taylor's dad gave everyone a trip to Zion's National Park. I have never been to Zion's. I'm not much of a hiker. I don't appreciate nature enough I guess... My family always took road trips across country to see my Grandma in Virginia. Anyways it was nice to get out of cold snowy Sandy and head down to sunny southern Utah. We drove down on Friday. Friday night Tay and I went to dinner with his two sister's Kimmi and Bethany and Mike his brother in-law. We went to this little place called Jack's. It was such a neat little place. It was very cozy. It resembled Iggy's. It was a little sports bar. On one of the menu's it even called the place a "social club". Dinner was good. We went back to our hotel rooms. (Don't worry Taylor and I stayed in different rooms!!!) We played a game that Tay's dad gave me for Christmas. Bethany is super fun to play games with. Just ask her about The Titanic and she'll have you on the floor laughing. Maybe you could even ask Taylor about the Titanic.....


Saturday morning I got up and was not feeling well at all. I thought it would blow over so I got up and continued about my day like it was any other day. That morning we went on a "stroll". I don't think anybody will call it a hike because it was so short. The path was covered in ice most of the way so it was a wee bit tricky but it wasn't too bad. Taylor doesn't do too well on slick surfaces so he decided he would slide down the icy parts of the path on his bum!


Uh yeah...Needless to say we had a good laugh.


We started on the Walter's Wiggles hike. I didn't even get half way before I had to sit down and try not to puke! I was not getting any better. Tay walked me back down to the car and took me back to the hotel. I proceeded to get worse, finally to the point that I made all sorts of phone calls trying to find some medication. My friend Lori told me to call the doctor on call at my regular doctor's office, and he might be able to call me in a prescription. She proved to be the life saver that night. I got to talk to a doctor and he phoned in a prescription for me. Taylor and his dad drove all the way to St. George to get my "drugs". They were so good to me! They even brought back some ginger ale, and gatorade. I was sick the whole night and didn't feel much better on Sunday.


On Sunday we were driving home. I wasn't looking forward to the car trip. I was hoping I wouldn't throw up. We got home, and I finally got a good nap. I woke up at about 6 pm and was not feeling any better. I also had a pain in my side. My mom took me to insta care and they thought that I might have had appendicitis. It turns out I didn't. So they gave me some IV fluids and medication and sent me home. Needless to say I have never been that sick in my entire life and never want to be that sick again. Thanks to all that were involved to help me feel better. I can't say that enough! Love you guys!


Our beloved Prophet died this past Sunday. It is sad, but at the same time I can't help but think what a joyous reunion with his sweetheart he must have had. I just get a sense of peace and joy when I think about our Prophet and his wife. What a blessing that even in times of sorrow and death we can rejoice in the fact that there is a life after this and we can live with our family forever! Here is a picture of Tay's family at Zion's

No comments: