Friday, January 8, 2010

No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn


Over a year a go, Ashley and I got Guitar Hero World Tour. We went to Wal-Mart at midnight to buy it and we were so excited to have the drums now. I have a bad habit of tapping my fingers on a desk or table when listening to music and it's because I always thought being able to play the drums would be fun. Well, needless to say the drums we got didn't live up to expectation. The red drum bad never really worked that well, and then it stopped working completely a couple of weeks later. I eventually got the drive to try and fix them, but the fix I did only lasted a couple of days. So when Ashley and I were shopping we decided to buy a new drum set and started looking for the cheapest way to do this. We found a deal at Best Buy for a portable drum set made for Rock Band (compatible with Guitar Hero as well) for only $17. It had all the necessary things to play the drums, it just didn't have the actual stand. We bought it and then I decided to make a stand to make them more useable.

So here you have it, my finished (actually almost finished product). The process was quite simple and I used the legs from my existing drum set to cut costs. I cut out the shape in a piece of particle board, then elevated a little bit using a wedge cut out of a scrap of 2x4. Then I drilled holes in the 2x4 to stick the stand into. I had my doubts about the sturdiness of the design, but in all it turned out great. Best thing of all, the drums actually work.

1 comment:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

That is amazing!!! Way to go!!! We returned out guitar hero to get a new one...they still don't have them in. Bummer! It was fun watching the two of you perform!