Wednesday, August 6, 2008

BANG DANG - WORST FOOD EVER

So this morning, I was really craving chinese food. I thought about Panda express but all I ever get there is orange chicken and I usually feel sick after I eat it. So I decided to branch out. Recently a place called Chop Stix went out of business and a new restaurant was opened in its place. It's called Bank Dang - but I have changed it to Bang Dang because it's more fun to say.

So at 2:30 Richie and I go over there to get lunch, and we pull up to the drive-thru, and there is a sign taped to the speaker box that says, "drive-thru may not work - please pull to window for order". We picked out what we wanted and then pulled forward. At the window we were greated by two smiling children, ages 11 and 13 probably. It was a boy and a girl, and the boy was wearing a nametag that said 'Jacky'. Well, they didn't really understand that well what we were getting but after a while we got through to them. I then asked if they wanted me to pay now, and they both looked so confused. I should've realized at that point that I should have just driven off and not eaten lunch. But like a fool, I stayed and pulled around to the back of the building like they asked.

After about 10 minutes, I decided to walk inside and see if they were almost done. When I get in there, I notice that what seem to be the parents of these children are running the kitchen and the kids are the front people, mostly because they speak english to some degree. Well, the dad kept coming out to make sure that the kids have everything under control and the little girl would then yell at him in Chinese, basically telling him to get back in the kitchen where he belongs. (I don't speak chinese, but that is what I am thinking she was saying - judging by the tone in her voice of course).

Well we finally get back to work, and we get the food out of the bag. The chicken is blood red, and after a few bites, I find a hair in my food. The thing is, it was a blonde hair, and from what I could tell, no one that was touching the food had blonde hair. That has got to make you wonder. Also, we had a couple of people in the office taste the chicken. It was the toughest chicken I have ever seen, and one kid thinks that he might have hurt his jaw just getting through it. The ham fried rice had an overwhelming smell and taste of smoked ham. The ham also looked rather old as if they had purchased it from a meat store that was just going to throw it.

Needless to say, I was not pleased with my experience at lunch today, and I would highly recommend that no one ever try this restaurant EVER.

No comments: