Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dresser

So are good friends Kev and Lo invited us to go to DI one day. I think they wanted to buy a bike for Lo's nephew who was visiting for a couple of days. I wasn't looking to buy anything but came home with this dresser. It was old, dirty, smelly, and just all in all terrible looking. I'm sad to say I don't have a picture of it.

We bought it for $20, and let me just say it wasn't the easiest thing to convince Taylor to let me buy. It came with 9 drawers but I wanted Taylor to rip out the middle drawer section and create shelves. I don't think he was too happy about it.

$10 dollars later, and lot's of big, manly tools and sweat, spray paint and stain, and a little dream we have a dresser that will go below are TV in our new house. It will house all of the DVD, XBOX and other components we may have, and DVD's. I'm so excited I think it has turned out FABULOUS!!! I love it because it's so different and unique. I mean it looks straight out of the 70's and in a year I might hate it, but for now it's perfect!



Here's a close up of one of the drawers. I took it with my camera phone so don't mind the blur...



Thanks Taylor for making something I wanted a reality!! Love you long time!

5 comments:

Mike and Barbara said...

Wow it turned out so good! Nice job guys!

Mike and Lisa said...

Crazy how sometimes you can find the best bargains and treasures at the good ol' DI. It looks like you did a great job!

Jeanette said...

That turned out great! I love it!

Jamie said...

Gotta love a good vintage piece. Nice work on getting it at DI too. Much better than the vanilla Target, RC Willey, etc. stuff. Love it!

MisterE said...

Well done guys. It looks mighty fancy!