Friday, August 15, 2008

I Challenge You to a Duel!

So I like to have fun. The way that I see it, if you go through life to seriously, it's going to pass you by and you won't have enjoyed it one bit. So I try to have in whatever I am doing. Now given the fact that I work in a call center, taking member calls day in and day out, I sometimes have to create my own fun. Well, the other day, I was chatting with a co-worker about his motorcycle. There is a picture that can be seen here. Now, a couple of months ago, he made Raul, another co-worker, a bet that he would be able to get the motorcyle running and drive it to work the next day. Well, 2 months later, and we still have yet to see the motorcycle at work. So the other day, I decided to call him on that. I told him that since he had never brought it to work, that he owed Raul a steak dinner (the terms of their bet). He didn't see it the same way. You see, Richie's idea of running and the rest of humanity's idea of running are very different. Richie believes that if the bike will start and he can pull it out of his driveway, it's running. So we ask him why it won't make it to work, and the reasons vary from, it's leaking gas, to it only goes 25 mph right now.
Since he refused to pay for the dinner, I proposed an alternate solution to our prediciment. In an effort of defending his honor amongst his peers, he would challenge Raul to a duel - Alexander Hamilton vs. Aaron Burr style. We wouldn't be using pistols, because there is a state law prohibiting that. So we decided to use nerf guns. We would hold the duel at our lunch time and Richie would have one chance to defend his honor. If he lost, he would no longer be respected.
We had them line up back to back and take 10 ten paces, turn and fire. When I devised this whole thing in my head, I guess I didn't take into account that both were terrible aims. The only time that they were able to hit anything was two accidental mis-fires at my self and Jill. In the end, Richie defended his honor, Raul shot Jill in the head, and I got got gunned down by both of them. It was a fun little event that should remind everyone to relax and just have fun with life.

No comments: