Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween 2007


So I'll be honest, Halloween has never been that great of a holiday for me. I think that it all started when I was in second grade. It was my first year at a new school because we had just moved, and my parents made me go to school dressed as a girl. It traumatized me for more than just that Halloween, but also for many years to come.

So when this Halloween came around and Ashley suggested that she wanted to have a Halloween party, I won't say that I wasn't excited, but I will say that it did conjure up some bad past memories that I didn't want to relive. But as always, things that I wouldn't normally enjoy by myself, have become much more enjoyable when Ashley is involved; that and she knows how to throw one heck of a party.

Now this isn't to say that the suggestion that I dress up as a girl didn't come up. Ashley first suggested it to me one morning in a work email and I will say that the idea wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. And then later that day, my grandma, without having talked to Ashley before that, suggested that I would make such a cute girl. Together, they were conspiring against me!!!!

Needless to say, it all turned out fine in the end. Ashley went as Wonder Woman, and even though I never have seen anything about Wonder Woman, apart from an episode of the O.C., I might have to become a fan now. I went as rock star, modeled after Guitar Hero (I am better at Guitar Hero by the way, but my sister Bethany can wax the floor with me) and I had the sweetest mullet. It was awesome! We had her parents house decorated and had some creepy music playing when everybody came over. We had dinner down at Iggy's, and I was encouraged to stuff as many fries as I could at once. I really don't have that much of an appetite for fries anymore.


The rest of the night consisted of playing games and eating a lot of treats. There were candy apples, chips and salsa, candy and homemade root beer, which you need to put a lot more than 5 cups of sugar to make it taste even remotely good. I am lucky that Ashley would think to put the rest of the bag of sugar in. She doesn't even like root beer that much, but I sure enjoyed drinking almost all of it.

All in all, my opinion of Halloween has changed quite a bit after this year.

I didn't have to dress up like a girl, we had an amazing party, and I learned that I could stuff 25 fries in my mouth. I think that I am going to look forward to Halloween from here on out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!! I had no idea about the story of you being a girl for Halloween. This Halloween rocked it was kick ash!!

Kate said...

I love the pics! You both make great "heroes!"