Thursday, November 1, 2007

We are engaged.

WE ARE ENGAGED. Yes it finally happened! Taylor and I are getting married May 21st, 2008 at 11:40am, in the Salt Lake Temple. We are so excited!!! So here is the low down. Taylor had told me he was getting the ring on Halloween, and to leave Friday open. Up until yesterday he had told me EVERYTHING about the ring. I thought I wasn't going to be suprised at all. He called me and told me that the jewelers hadn't finished sizing my ring. At first I didn't believe him. Then I started to listen to the tone of his voice, and I could tell he was upset. I've only seen him get upset one other time so it was a little weird to hear him get this upset.
We were going out with some of our friends for dinner that night. Taylor had called me and said he wanted to come take me a suprise that he had got for me since he didn't have the ring. We we went to Dahlquist Park and he had a Halloween bag for me. I opened the bag and it immediately started to play the "Ghostbusters Theme". Tay had given me a card. The card said something like "Why did the Ghost go to his Ghoulfriends house at midnight?" Then when you opened the card it said "Because he wanted a Boo-ty call". After a good laugh I realized there were Peanut M&M's in the bag. I was excited, but let's be honest it was a little bit of a let down when I realized I wasn't getting a ring.
Tay said there was something else inside the bag. So as I pulled out the tissue paper and got to the bottom of the bag I looked at Taylor and said "There's nothing else here." Taylor responded by saying " Seriously? She didn't put it in there?" I had known that he was with his sister Bethany that afternoon and thought either
1. she didn't like me and didn't want me to have the ring, or
2. that she was trying to play a joke on Taylor.
Taylor then pulled out the ring and popped the question all while Ghost Busters was playing in the background!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cute blog!! I am so excited and happy for you and Taylor! I am also excited that you have started blogging now this will be really fun... YEAH!

Spence and Brit said...

Way to go Taylor! I'm excited for you two... YEAH!

Christin said...

Congratulations Ashley!! I had no idea any of this was going on. We totally have to get together for lunch. I am so excited for you!!

Kelsey and Rylee said...

YEA FOR YOU!!!! I seriously had NO idea!! You didn't even hint at lunch!! Congreats!!

Kate said...

Congratulations TAYLOR! You managed to hook one of my favorite people!!! I can hardly wait for the day after Christmas to come so I can help with the plans!

Clark and Henry are pretty excited to have a new uncle too! If they could say more words I'm sure they would not be able to stop talking about it!