Monday, July 14, 2008

HULK SMASH!!!

So here we are... back to another monday morning, and we had quite the fun weekend. We went and saw The Incredible Hulk for the second time and I have to say, I love this movie. And more than that, I love the way that they are doing comic book movies now. It seemed like when they were doing the spider man movies, and it was just kind of joke (which is really sad because I used to like spider man as a kid) but ever since Batman Begins came out and was amazing, they have been doing a much better job with superhero/comic book movies. I can't wait to see The Dark Knight when it comes out this weekend, and hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

The next thing that we did this weekend was that on Saturday afternoon, Ashley and I went up to my brother's house in Kaysville and had lunch with his family. As a tradition that Eric (my brother) and I started a couple of years ago, we like to make new food when ever we get together up there. We made beer brats a couple of years ago and then followed it up with Argentine Empanadas. This time we decided to make Beer Marinated Chicken Tacos. (http://weber.com/recipes/Recipe.aspx?rid=3). They were amazing. We also did homemade tortillas and cilantro lime rice (like they have at Cafe Rio). Eric and Melissa have the funnest kids to play with. Kylie, who is 5, likes soccer so I told her that I would play with her. Kylie would only play when she had someone else on her team to block me from getting to her. Parker simply likes to run around and chase Ashley... He always has had a thing for her.
Last week on Wednesday, Kevin, Lori, Chris, Ashley and I (Grant and Jen came up later on) went up to Tanner Flats up Little Cottonwood Canyon and roasted hotdogs and marsmallows on the fire. It was quite fun just to get away from the city and just relax for a while. I always have loved sitting around and just relaxing...Basically, I love summer, even though I don't particularly enjoy the scorching hot weather, I do like the summer nights when you can cruise around with the windows down and go enjoy a snoasis!

No comments: